Our Night Guard Laboratory Creates Custom Appliances
Want to protect that beautiful case you just delivered?
Night guards are the restorative dentist' way of caring for the patient long after the hard work is done. These are relatively simple devices that can be made in only two days. Please note, all of our night guards come clear and if not specified, will fit on the maxillary arch. To learn more about the Bite Rite night guard laboratory in Fort Worth, contact us today.
Night guards are worn at night by dentate patients. By keeping the teeth separated, they will not wear or stress their own teeth, or allow for your porcelain crowns a long life of use. We recommend for your All on Four patients to receive one as well. This will help with breakage of teeth and result in less wear. They are also useful in patients who may be experiencing TMJ symptomatology.
Types of Night Guards offered by Bite Rite:
Bite Rite Dental Lab offers multiple types of night guards to meet your needs. Please click on the link for more information.
- Hard Acrylic Flat Plane
- Hard Acrylic with Anterior Guidance - "Dawson Style" - Providing full centric contact with lateral and protrusive guidance.
- Hard / Soft Flat Plane
- Hard / Soft with Anterior Guidance - "Dawson Style" - Providing full centric contact with lateral and protrusive guidance.
When to select a Maxillary or Mandibular?
Most night guards are maxillary but most can also be made on the mandible. It is preferable to use the classic Angle classification.
- Class I: Maxillary or Mandibular
- Class II: Maxillary
- Class III: Mandibular
What to send?
- Impressions / Models. If using alginate for your impression material, pour up bubble free impression in your office within 12 minutes of impression.
- Interocclusal record, made with the joint in centric relation. Best results are found using rolled up compound material (aluwax) so the patient is biting open, keeping the teeth from touching. Make your interocclusal record about 16 mm thick then have patient close into the material. Be sure not to completely close and bite through the material.
Want to get started?
It only takes 2 lab days for us to process your night guard. Contact Bite Rite Dental Lab in Fort Worth to schedule your pick up. Contact us at (817) 877-4755